Thursday, October 16, 2014

Reflection



      At first, the research process went very slow because I really didn't think I could write as much about service dogs as I was supposed to. When trying to search "Service Dogs", it was difficult to find information that I hadn't already blogged about. Once I started to use different phrases when searching, and tried to tie my different blogs together, it became easier to find new, interesting information to write about. The first blogs that I wrote about Service Dogs, I felt like, were fairly vague. Once I started to find more information, I was able to go more in depth and include other outside knowledge of service dogs into the blogs. Something that worked really well was using questions that I proposed in previous blogs as the phrase that I searched and found articles based on that and tried to related them in some way. Some difficulties that I ran into were sometimes trying to reach the minimum length of the blogs without repeating myself too much, and just trying to find sources that had enough information to write about that we would be able to use in a documentary. Many sources that I found provided some good information but nothing that really stood out to me as something that we could use large pieces of in our documentary. Overall, I think the blogs make/ will make the process of making a documentary easier because we have many sources to refer to and we can take bits and pieces that we feel will benefit our documentary the most and put them together to make something that we feel is informative of our organization.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree! It was very hard for me to go week to week without repeating information from the previous assignment. Everything about this topic is directly related which made it interesting and challenging at the same time.

    ReplyDelete